Guardian Media Group announces senior management change
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Guardian Media Group (GMG) today announces that Tim Brooks, managing director of Guardian News & Media (GNM) and a director of GMG, is to leave the company.
As part of the ongoing reshaping of the business, which includes a rationalisation of the management structure of GMG and GNM, the GMG board has decided that the post of GNM managing director is redundant.
Tim will leave at the end of the financial year (March 31st) and commercial members of the GNM executive committee will report directly to GMG chief executive officer Andrew Miller.
Andrew Miller said: “On behalf of the GMG board I would like to thank Tim for everything he has done for GNM and the wider group over the last four and a half years. He has been a passionate and dedicated servant of the company and its journalism, he has played a crucial role in the Guardian’s ongoing digital transformation, and he has led the business with great integrity at a time of significant change and sometimes difficult choices. He leaves GNM with our best wishes for the future.”
Tim Brooks said: “The best aspect of my work here has not been husbanding two of the finest news brands in the world; it has been the chance to work daily with the extraordinarily gifted and committed people of GNM. I will miss that greatly, and continue to consume their output with familial pride.”
Further information: Chris Wade 020 3353 4041 / 07740 595 563
Notes for editors
Guardian Media Group is wholly owned by the Scott Trust, which exists to secure the financial and editorial independence of the Guardian in perpetuity. GMG’s core business is Guardian News & Media, publisher of the Guardian, Observer and guardian.co.uk.
The group’s portfolio of investments includes:
• Trader Media Group: one of Europe’s largest specialist media companies, and publisher of the Auto Trader website and magazine. Trader Media Group is jointly owned by GMG and Apax Partners.
• Emap: the B2B publishing, events and information business, also jointly owned by GMG and Apax Partners.
• GMG Radio: regional radio stations across the UK under the Real Radio, Smooth Radio and Rock Radio brands.
• GMG Property Services: providers of software to independent estate agents.
• An externally managed investment fund.
For further information visit www.gmgplc.co.uk